The Newton Prep uniform is relaxed and practical and has not changed since our founding in 1991. We are not the sort of school that puts children into tweed jackets and ties, or boaters and blazers!
Download our leaflet explaining what is needed and when, how to pay, how to book appointments:
Basic guidelines can be found further below.
Items can be purchased through the Online Uniform Shop or in person.
Uniform Shop at School
The School Uniform Shop is on site and is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays during term-time from 2pm - 5.45pm.
During the Summer holidays it is open by appointment only. Please visit Calendly to make a booking. The shop is closed all half-terms, Christmas and Easter holidays.
- To make and pay for an order, please visit the Online Uniform Shop directly.
- We will send you an email when your order is ready to collect from the visitors' reception. Please remember to check your spam folder.
- Children are able to try on uniform in the shop
- We accept payment by card only, no cash.
For all other queries, please send an email to [email protected] or call on 020 7720 4091 ext 1232.
All children in the Apple Nursery wear their own clothes.
- Nursery children are not required to buy any sports uniform
- They should come to school in comfortable activewear with sleeves that can easily be rolled up.
- Please ensure all clothing is named
- In winter, it is obviously sensible to send your child in with a coat, as there are still plenty of opportunities to play outside
- It is very helpful for nursery staff if shoes can be easy to remove and put back on: velcro fastenings are ideal!
- A spare set of clothes should be left at school in a named bag
Winter & Summer School Uniform
The children start the Autumn Term in summer uniform, changing to winter uniform after the October half term. They continue in winter uniform until the end of the Spring Term.
For full details of all the uniform options, please look at the Online Uniform Shop.
- In winter, Upper and Lower School children wear a tartan shirt with navy blue corduroy trousers OR navy blue corduroy shorts OR a navy blue corduroy pinafore OR navy blue corduroy culottes
- In summer, Upper and Lower School children wear a blue and white striped summer dress OR a white Newton Prep polo shirt - with blue Bermuda shorts OR blue summer-weight trousers OR blue and white striped culottes
Nametapes and labels
It is essential that all items of uniform, bags and stationery, are clearly marked with your child's name. Games clothing should be named on the outside. Nametapes are easily available online.
Uniform Shop Refund & Returns Policy
- If you have changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with the tag attached and relevant packaging, along with proof of purchase.
- Faulty items may need to be reviewed by the manufacturer before a decision is made regarding refund, repair or exchange.
- The Uniform Shop reserves the right not to offer an exchange or refund on items where the fault is the result of misuse, neglect, not following washing instructions or wear and tear.
The PTA organises second-hand sales of school uniform, usually once a term, and parents are notified in Newton News. Please take a look at our calendar for upcoming events.
If you have any comments and suggestions for Vicki Hughes, our Uniform Shop Manager, please email them to: [email protected].