Events are where the Newton community come together in the name of fun and, often, fundraising! While we are mindful that all our parents, pupils and staff have busy lives outside the school, we concentrate our efforts on some hand-picked signature annual and bi-annual events which showcase the children’s talents, celebrate their achievements or simply give them a chance to let off steam.
Running alongside these are the PTA’s schedule of year-group drinks, parent-led tours and the like, and the staff’s own flourishing social life, with their regular end-of-half-term gatherings, Christmas Dinner and Summer Garden Party.
When you become part of our Newton family, you can look forward to being included in as many as you like of the following:
- Christmas Fair: food vans, parents’ shopping stalls, kids’ entrepreneur emporium, buskers, attractions: all to raise money for charity
- Summer Splash: face-painting, games, bouncy castles and thrillseeking rides; street-food vendors, live music, silent disco, mobile Pimms float!
- Bi-annual Newton Bursary Fund Charity Auction: the fanciest night in the school calendar, when our Bursary students return to share their experiences since leaving Newton, to raise funds for more Bursary places in their footsteps
- After-School Cake sales as part of the House fundraising platform
- The Newton Film Night N-Oscars, Newton’s Got Talent, Prep School Musician of the Year competition, a raft of musical recitals and concerts and each year-group’s dramatic performances are all ways in which you can get to know your fellow parents and see your child’s growing confidence on a public stage.